Jpop Recommend #17 Sakura by Naotaro Moriyama

さくら(独唱) Sakura (Solo version) 

森山 直太朗  Naotaro Moriyama

Released in March 2003, this song is Naotaro Moriyama's second single and the biggest hit.  Japanese people love "Sakura", cherry blossom.  There are many "Sakura" songs in Japan and this song is now one of the most known "Sakura" songs.  The school year ends in March in Japan and this song is also regarded as "graduation song".

Soon we will be watching "Sakura" front forecast on TV weather report everyday.   
It is expected to see the first Cherry blossoms in Tokyo around 25th of March this year. 
Sakura front forecast for this year

Sakura live solo version

Sakura chorus version


Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

僕ら       は  きっと 待ってる 君    と また   会える 日々   を
Bokura wa kitto matteru kimi to mata aeru   hibi wo
"We will be waiting till the day comes when we meet again"
さくら     並木     の  道      の  上  で 手  を  振り  叫ぶ      よ
Sakura namiki no michi no ue de te wo furi sakebu yo
We wave hands and call out loud at each other on the street lined with cherry trees 
どんな   に 苦しい      時   も 君     は   笑って    いるから
Donna ni kurushii toki mo kimi wa waratte irukara
How tough the situation became, you still kept your smiles
挫けそう     に  なりかけても   頑張れる   気  が  した    よ
Kujikesou ni narikaketemo ganbareru ki ga shita yo
That made me strong even if my strength was wearing thin

霞み        ゆく  景色      の   中    に あの 日 の 唄    が 聴こえる
Kasumi yuku keshiki no naka ni ano hi no uta ga kikoeru
I hear the song of that day though the scene is fading away into the haze

さくら    さくら    今、咲き   誇る
Sakura Sakura ima saki  hokoru
Cherry blossoms, Cherry blossoms, now in its full bloom
刹那       に   散りゆく   運命       と  知って
Setsuna ni chiriyuku sadame to shitte
Knowing its own destiny of falling in an instant
さらば    友      よ 旅立ち       の 刻
Saraba tomo yo tabidachi no toki
Good-bye my friends, now is the time for departure
変わらない その   想い   を 今
Kawaranai sono omoi wo ima
With everlasting feelings in our heart

今      なら 言える だろうか 偽り         の ない 言葉
Ima nara ieru    darouka itsuwari no nai kotoba
Maybe I can say it now, the words without a lie
輝ける           君     の 未来   を     願う 本当       の 言葉
Kagayakeru kimi no mirai wo negau hontou no kotoba
Wishing your bright future with heartfelt words

移りゆく          街      は   まるで 僕ら       を    急かす ように
Utsuriyuku machi wa marude bokura wo sekasu youni
Streets are rapidly changing as if to hasten us

さくら   さくら    ただ   舞い落ちる
Sakura Sakura tada maiochiru
Cherry blossoms, Cherry blossoms, just dancing in the wind and falling
いつか   生まれ 変わる   瞬間 を  信じ
Itsuka umare kawaru toki wo shinji
Believing the moment when it will reborn someday
泣くな     友        よ 今  惜別          の  時
Nakuna tomo yo ima sekibetsu no toki 
Don't cry my friends, now is the time to say good-bye
飾らない      あの 笑顔  で さあ
kazaranai ano egao de saa
Let's part with the natural smile of yours 

さくら    さくら  いざ  舞い上がれ
Sakura Sakura iza  maiagare
Cherry blossoms, Cherry blossoms, fly up into the sky
永遠   に さんざめく       光     を    浴びて
Towa ni sanzameku hikari wo abite
Basking in the light sparkling eternally 
さらば     友     よ また    この  場所   で  会おう

Saraba tomo yo mata kono basho de aou
Good-bye my friends, let's meet again on this place
さくら     舞い散る    道     の 上 で
Sakura maichiru michi no ue de
On the street where cherry blossoms dance softly in the air


English version by Gille

<English version lyrics>
I promise you I’ll be waiting for you
Till the day that I can see you once again

You see the cherry blossoms blooming all around
It’s time for us to say goodbye

You stayed so strong even when the times were hard
I remember you were there smiling for me

When I was so close to giving up all my dreams
You gave me hope to stand on my feet

As I look around everything just fades away
Whenever I close my eyes, I hear that song

SAKURA SAKURA Now they are blooming all around
Even though they know that sooner they are coming to the end
Say goodbye, all my friends, and I see you once again
I promise you that you will always be in my heart

Hope I can say how I really feel inside
All the things I tried to tell you way before
I wanna cherish your future and your dreams
With the words coming from my true heart

The times are changing now
The seasons come and go
Sometimes I feel like the world is rushing us

Sakura Sakura Now I see them falling down
Just believing that someday they will be coming back to life
Don’t you cry, All my friends, It’s time to say goodbye
I wanna see you smiling once again oh

Sakura Sakura Now I see them flying away
See the sunlight shedding on them as they’re dancing in the air
Say goodbye, all my friends I will see you once again right here
Place where flowers keep blooming every year
Place where flowers keep blooming every year
Our place



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments