Jpop Recommend #21 Akai Sweet pea by Seiko Matsuda

赤いスイートピー Akai Sweet pea 

松田聖子 Seiko Matsuda

Released in January 1982, this song is Seiko's 8th single.  "Seiko-chan" is still one of the best known idol since the 80s.  Her daughter Sayaka Matsuda recently attracts lots of attention with her singing as "Anna" in Disney movie "Frozen".  Her voice really resembles her mother.  This song was composed by Karuho Kureta, which is another name for Yumi Matsutoya.  This sweet love song matches well with her sweet voice.    






Covered by Hideaki Tokunaga




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

春  色   の  汽車  に  乗って  海  に 連れて   行ってよ
Haru iro no kisha ni notte umi ni tsurete itteyo
On a train painted in the color of spring, please take me to the sea
煙草                      の 匂い の  シャツ                に そっと 寄りそう から
Tabaco(tabacco) no nioi no shatsu (shirts) ni sotto yorisou kara
I will snuggle gently against your tobacco smelling-shirts
何故 知りあった 日 から 半年        過ぎても
Naze shiriatta hi kara hantoshi sugitemo
Why, after half a year has passed since we first met
あなた って 手  も  握らない
Anata tte te mo nigiranai
yet you still show no sign as to hold my hand

I will follow you
あなた に ついて ゆきたい
Anata ni tsuite yukitai
I wish to follow behind you 
I will follow you 

ちょっぴり 気 が  弱い     けど
Choppiri  ki ga yowai kedo
Although a bit reserved,
素敵     な  人    だから
Suteki na hito dakara
you are such a wonderful person
心         の   岸辺    に  咲いた  赤い スイートピー
Kokoro no kishibe ni saita   akai sweet pea
In shore of my heart, burst open red sweet peas 

四月         の  雨   に   降られて 駅  の  ベンチ   で 二人
Shigatsu no ame ni furarete eki no bench de futari
Escaping from April rain, two of us on a bench of a train station 
他      に 人影         も   なくて   不意 に 気まずく   なる
Hoka ni hitokage mo nakute fui ni kimazuku naru
No one is around and suddenly there was an awkward moment between us  
何故 あなた が   時計  を  チラッと   見る  たび
Naze anata ga tokei wo chiratto miru tabi
Why, every time you take a glace at the watch 
泣きそうな    気分  に  なるの?
Nakisouna kibun ni naruno?
I feel like crying

I will follow you 
翼           の  生えた ブーツ で
Tsubasa no haeta boots de
On a boots with wings
I will follow you 
あなた  と  同じ   青春
Anata to onaji seishun 
the same path of youth as you run
走って      ゆきたいの
Hashitte yukitaino
I wish to run beside you

線路    の  脇     の  つぼみ    は 赤い スイートピー
Senro no waki no tsubomi wa akai sweet pea
On the side of railroad track, there are buds of red sweet pea 

好きよ 
Sukiyo
I like you 
今日   まで   逢った 誰     より
Kyou made atta   dare yori
Better than anyone else I have met until today

I will follow you 
あなた  の 生き方   が 好き
Anata no ikikata ga suki
I like the way you live
このまま       帰れない 帰れない
Konomama kaerenai kaerenai
I can't go back like this, can't go back

心         に 春     が 来た 日  は 赤い スイートピー
Kokoro ni haru ga kita hi wa  akai sweet pea
A spring has come into my heart, red sweet pea




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments