Jpop Recommend #28 Baby, I love you by TEE

ベイビー、アイラブユー Baby, I love you 

TEE

Released in October 2010, this song is his 2nd single.  
June is known as "Wedding season", because of the old Western belief that "June Bride will have a married life blessed with happiness” originated in the Roman myth.  Maybe June is the best season for wedding in Europe, but it is not so in Japan, because it is a rainy season...  Anyway, this is one of the most popular wedding songs in Japan.  Other 定番(teiban, ie popular) wedding songs are: "One Love by Arashi", "Can you celebrate?" by Namie Amuro and "家族になろうよ(Let's become a family" by Masaharu Fukuyama.  

*赤い糸 (Akai ito, red thread of destiny):  In Japanese myth, it is believed that men and women are destined for each other with a red thread tied to each other's pinky finger.  In October, when all the gods gather in 出雲大社 (Izumo Taisha, IzumoShirine) in Shimane prefecture for their annual convention, they do love matchmaking among other agenda.  But they get drunk too much in a banquet, sometimes they make mistakes for matching three persons with one thread.  That makes a love triangle.  (^^;)   If you visit Izumo Shrine, you can buy a red thread good-luck charm to find your destined love.




English cover by Che'Nelle


English cover by The United





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!





<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

なぁ 旅     に  出ないか なぁ 海    を  見ないか
Naa, tabi ni denaika  Naa, umi wo minaika
Hey, let's go on a trip  Hey, let's go to see the ocean
通り    過ぎゆく    日々 の 中
Toori sugiyuku hibi no naka
As the days go passing by,
君     に 会い 俺  の    中     の   何か    が  はじけた
Kimi ni ai    ore no naka no nanika ga hajiketa
I met you and something inside me burst open
伝えたくて       言えなくて 
Tsutaetakute ienakute 
I want to tell my feeling but can't do so 
それ  が  また   苦しくて
Sore ga mata kurushikute
It tortures me more
なぁ どおすりゃ  いい 遠い  空      見上げて naturally
Naa, doosurya  ii     Tooi sora miagete   naturally
Hey, what should I do?  I looked up a far-away sky, naturally
そんな  日  は 変わらない diary
Sonna hi wa   kawaranai dairy
Those days went on like a diary 
目  に  は  うつらない   もの  幸せ         の  赤い  糸*
Me ni wa utsuranai mono shiawase no akai ito
Things you cannot see with your eyes, a red thread of happiness
君     の  小指    に   運ぶ      風 
Kimi no koyubi ni hakobu kaze 
Wind delivers that to your pinky finger
薬指           に  誰か     の   影
kusuriyubi ni dareka no kage
A shadow of someone in your ring finger
聞きたくて  聞けなくて
Kikitakute kikenakute
I want to ask you about it but can't do so 
それ  が  また   jealousy  で I'm so crazy
Sore ga mata jealousy de   I'm so crazy
It makes me jealous and I go crazy
今    は   まだ  気づかぬ  ふり
Ima wa mada kizukanu furi
I still keep pretending not noticing anything
Please let me know, if you love me
Please let me know, if you love me

いつから   だろう 君     を    思うと
Itsukara darou   kimi wo omouto
I wonder when it started   As I think about you, 
心          痛くて    眠れ      ないよ
Kokoro itakute nemure naiyo
the thought wrenches my heart and I can's go to sleep
今夜     さよなら    が   切なくて
Kon-ya sayonara ga setsunakute
Tonight, saying goodbye was so painful
ほつれた    糸  たぐり   よせて
Hotsureta ito taguri yosete
So I'm trying to pull fraying thread closer to myself
誰     より    も  心          こめて   歌う  よ
Dare yori mo kokoro komete utau yo
and I will sing with my feeling deeper than anyone else

Baby I love U, I love U, I love U 何度も
Baby I love U, I love U, I love U   Nandomo
Baby, I love you, I love you, I love you Time and again 
Only one, Only one 感じあえる
Only one, Only one   Kanjiaeru
Only one, only one We can both feel the same way
You always on my mind
You are always on my mind
強く          なる 全て     大切      に   思える
Tsuyoku naru subete taisetsu ni omoeru
This feeling is getting stronger  Everything seems so precious

I love U, I love U, I love      これからも
I love U, I love U, I love U   Korekaramo
I love you, I love you, From now and onward 
Only one, Only one 変わらない
Only one, Only one   Kawaranai
Only one, only one We will not change
I'm always by your side  見上げよう
I'm always by your side   Miageyou
I'm always by your side  Let's look up
二人     だけ  の   空 ずっと ずっと
Futari dake no sora zutto zutto
the sky only for the two of us always forever

この    街       は   変わってく 明日      も  明後日  も
Kono machi wa kawatteku ashita mo asatte mo
This town will keep changing tomorrow and day after tomorrow
水     に   映った 君     の  橫顔
Mizu ni utsutta kimi no yokogao
Reflecting on water your face from the side
照らし     出す   オレンジ の  夕空       よ
Terashi  dasu orange no yuuzora yo
Orange sunset beaming in the twilight
眩しくて           消えないで 
Mabushikute kienaide 
The sun is too bright but I want to stop it from going down
それ  が  また    恋しくて      ああ、もどかしい 
Sore ga mata koishikute  Ah, modokashii 
Disappearing sun makes me miss it more   Ah, this frustrating feeling  
世界   の  果て   まで follow me
sekai no hate made follow me
Until the end of the world please follow me
君      の  過去  を  うけとめる everything
Kimi no kako wo uketomeru everything
I will accept your past Everything

波       の  静か      な  夜    に   は 歌い
Nami no shizuka na yoru ni wa utai
I sung at night when the waves were quiet
網    を   かけて   引き寄せた未来
Ami wo kakete hikiyoseta mirai
I pulled the future to myself with a fishing net
夜     の  終わり  近づくと        いつも
Yoru no owari chikazukuto itsumo
Every time the end of night draws near,
君      の  小さな    リップ  に  キス   を
Kimi no chiisana lip     ni   kiss wo
I kiss on your small lip
握った    この  手 はなす       事  できず
Nigitta kono te hanasu koto dekizu
I can't let go of your hand
また   寄り添って  眠る      の
Mata yorisotte nemuru no
And we will sleep again side by side

Baby I love U, I love U, I love U いつまでも
Baby I love U, I love U, I love U   Itsumademo 
Baby, I love you, I love you, I love you Always and forever
Only one, Only one そばにいて
Only one, Only one   Sobani ite
Only one, only one   Please be my side
You always on my mind
You are always on my mind
悲しみ          も  全て    大切       に  思える
Kanashimi mo subete taisetsu ni omoeru
Everything, even the sadness, seems so precious

I love U, I love U, I love      これからも
I love U, I love U, I love U   Korekaramo
I love you, I love you, I love you From now and onward
Only one, Only one, 変わらない
Only one, Only one    Kawaranai
Only one, only one Things will not change
I 'm always by your side いつまでも
I'm always by your side    Itsumademo
I'm always by your side  Always and forever
君      の  ぬくもり     を ずっと ずっと
Kimi no nukumori wo zutto   zutto
I will treasure your warmth always forever

光        の  ない 道     が  二人  の   明日 を   うばった としても
Hikari no nai michi ga futari no  asu wo ubatta  toshitemo
If the road without a light takes away tomorrow from us 
過ごした     思い出    たち   と  君     を  信じて
Sugoshita omoide tachi to kimi wo shinjite
I will believe in you and the days we have spent together

Love U, love U, love U…
Love U, I love U, I love U...
Baby I love U, I love U, I love U 何度も
Baby I love U, I love U, I love U   Nandomo
I love you, I love you, I love you Time and again
Only one, Only one 感じあえる
Only one, Only one  Kanjiaeru
Only one, only one We can both feel the same way
You always on my mind
You are always on my mind
強く           なる 全て    大切      に  思える
Tsuyoku naru subete taisetsu ni omoeru
This feeling is getting stronger  Everything seems so precious

I love U, I love U, I love U これからも
I love U, I love U, I love U   Korekaramo
I love you, I love you, I love you From now and onward
Only one, Only one 変わらない
Only one, Only one   Kawaranai
Only one, only one Things will not change
I always by your side   誓うよ
I'm always by your side Chikauyo
I'm always by your side  I will promise
二人    だけ   の  日々 ずっと…ずっと…ずっと…
Futari dake no hibi  zutto...zutto...zutto...
The days by two of us will go on now and forever




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Comments