Jpop recommend #33 Burn by The Yellow Monkey

Burn 

ザ・イエローモンキー The Yellow Monkey


Released in July 1997, this song is their 13th single.  Also known as "Iemon" (abbrebiation of "ye"llow "mon"key), they gained popularity in the late 90s but sadly they were officially disbanded in July 7th, 2004 

I really liked this band and I believe this is one of their best single.  The lyrics are very unique and the melody seems like a mixture of western rock and Japanese traditional tune.










Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!







<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation


赤く     燃える  孤独    な   道    を
Akaku Moeru Kodoku na michi wo
On a red burning lonely road
誰     の  もの   でも   ない 髪    を  なびかせ
Dare no mono demo nai   kami wo nabikase
Hairs swinging as she walks, which belong to no one
道     の  先   には  蜃気楼
Michi no saki niwa shinkirou
Mirage on a road ahead
あの 日 を   殺したくて       閉じた  パンドラ
Ano  hi wo koroshitakute tojita pandora
Pandora's box I closed to kill that day

悲しい     気持ち  ない わけ じゃない

Kanashii kimochi nai  wake jyanai
Not that I don't feel sad
遠い   昔        に 無くして    きたの
Tooi mukashi ni nakushite kitano
I have lost that feeling long time ago

限りない  喜び       は  遥か     遠く

Kagirinai yorokobi wa haruka tooku
Infinite joy waits in the distance
前   に 進む      だけ  で  精一杯
Mae ni susumu dake de seiippai
I just manage to push myself ahead
やわらか   な   思い出   は あそこ に しまって
Yawaraka  na omoide wa asoko ni shimatte
keeping my soft memories in there
BURN BURN BURN BURN

夜     は  薄紅      色  の 夢     を  見て

Yoru wa usubeni iro no yume wo mite
Having a dream colored in pale pink at night
朝   は  希望  の  ブラインド 開ける こと  なく
Asa wa kibou no blind      akeru koto naku
Keeping a window shade of hope closed in the morning 
せめて   身体    だけ  は  キレイ に
Semete karada dake wa  kirei  ni
Only I keep my body clean
可愛い 可愛い 淋しく      は  ない
Kawaii kawaii sabishiku wa nai
I feel pretty I feel pretty, I'm not lonely

夏      の  海   とか  冬   の  街       とか  思い出 だけ  が  性感帯

Natsu no umi toka fuyu no machi toka omoide dake ga seikantai
Memories such as summer ocean and winter city are my only erotogenic zone
なぜか  今夜      は  眠った   はず  の   魂         が 燃える
Nazeka konnya wa nemutta hazu no tamashii ga moeru
Strangely, my soul I put to rest is burning tonight
HOLD ME HOLD ME

飛べない 鳥   は  とり残されて
Tobenai tori wa torinokosarete
Birds that can't fly are left behind
胸      や 背中    は  大人    だけれど
Mune ya senaka wa otona dakeredo
Even though their chests and backs are matured

限りない   喜び      は   遥か    遠く

Kagirinai yorokobi wa haruka tooku
Infinite joy waits too far ahead
人    に 話す     だけ  で 精一杯
Hito ni hanasu dake de seiippai
I just manage to talk to people
やわらか    な 思い出  は   心      に しまって
Yawaraka na omoide wa kokoro ni shimatte
keeping my soft memories in my heart
BURN BURN BURN BURN



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!





Comments