Jpop Recommend #53 Fuyu ga hajimaruyo by Noriyuki Makihara

冬がはじまるよ Fuyu ga hajimaruyo 

槇原敬之 Noriyuki Makihara 


Released in November 1991, this song is his 4th single.  Over 20 years since its release, this song is still listed as one of the most favorite winter songs. 

The lyrics depicts a pure and happy feeling of a boy who is going to spend the first winter and first Christmas with his girlfriend.   

I can't believe that the year 2014 is nearing its end!   I haven't finished half the things I wanted to do this year!  Soon I have to prepare for the Nenga-jyo...









Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!





<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

8         月    の  君   の   誕生日
Hachi-gatsu no kimi no tanjyoubi
For your birthday in last August
半袖       と    長袖       の  シャツ              を
Hansode to nagasode no shatsu (shirts) wo
half-sleeve and long-sleeve shirts
プレゼント                 した  の  は
Purezento (present) shita no wa
The reason I gave them to you was
今年      の  冬    も  それから    も  ずっと 僕ら    が
Kotoshi no fuyu mo sorekara mo zutto bokura ga
for this winter, now and forever
一緒  に 過ごせる   為    の  おまじない
Issho ni sugoseru tame no omajinai
it was a wish that we could spend time together for years to come
髪      を ほどいて みたり 突然        泣き 出し  たり
Kami wo hodoite mitari totsuzen naki dashi tari
By putting your hair down or suddenly starting to cry
わくわく       するような   オドロキ を   抱え  ながら
Wakuwaku suruyouna odoroki wo kakae nagara
you make me wonder what surprise you will bring next

冬    が   はじまるよ   ホラ   また 僕     の   側    で
Fuyu ga hajimaruyo hora mata boku no soba de
The winter will begin soon.   Look, you are by my side as usual
すごく     うれしそう  に ビール      を    飲む   横顔     が  いいね
Sugoku ureshisou ni biiru(beer) wo nomu yokogao ga iine
I like looking at you from the side when you drink beer so joyfully
たくさん    の 君    を 知ってる   つもり   だけど
Takusan no kimi wo shitteru tsumori dakedo
I think I have come to know many different sides of you
これから    も  僕     を  油断    させない で!
Korekara mo boku wo yudan sasenai de
Don't stop surprising me from now on


忙しい      2人   の  冬     休み

Isogashii futari no fuyu-yasumi
The winter holidays, a break for us from the busy schedule
両手    で 少し       余る   くらい  しか  ない けど
Ryote de sukoshi amaru kurai shika nai   kedo
just a short one, shy of the number that can be counted with both hands
大事 そう に 胸      に 抱えてる    旅行    雑誌   と
Daiji sou ni mune ni kakaeteru ryokou zasshi to
But with a travel magazine you hold so protectively against your chest
君    の  笑顔 が  素敵   なら  それで  いいよ
Kimi no egao ga suteki nara sorede iiyo
and your gorgeous smile, it is fine by me
去年     の  クリスマス                      は   ケーキ        を  売ってた けど
Kyonen no kurisumasu (Christmas)wa keeki(cake) wo utteta    kedo
On the last Christmas, I was selling cakes
今年      の  僕    に  は コワイ モノ    は  何    も  ない!
Kotoshi no boku ni wa kowai mono wa nani mo nai
But this year, I have nothing to fear


冬     が  はじまるよ   大きな  窓     を   あけて
Fuyu ga hajimaruyo ookina mado wo akete
The winter will begin soon   Open the big window and
星      を   ながめる    時   は 僕     の   セーター           を   貸して  あげる
Hoshi wo nagameru toki wa boku no seetaa(sweater) wo kashite ageru
when we watch the stars, I will lend you my sweater
2人    が いつまで    も     幸せ     で いる ため に
Futari ga itsumade mo shiawase de iru  tame ni
In order to keep us happy forever
どう  すれば  いいか 考えて     いる から
Dou sureba iika      kangaete iru kara
I'm thinking what I should do 


冬    が  はじまるよ    ホラ   また 僕     の   側   で

Fuyu ga hajimaruyo hora mata boku no soba de
The winter will begin soon   Look, you are by my side as usual
小さな      TV           の  中    の 雪   に はしゃぐ    横顔      が  いいね
Chiisana terebi (TV) no naka no yuki ni hasyagu yokogao ga  iine
I like looking at your side face when you are happy watching the snow on small TV
たくさん    の  君   を 知ってる   つもり    だけど
Takusan no kimi wo shitteru tsumori dakedo
I think I have come to know many different sides of you
これから    も  僕     を  油断    させない で!
Korekara mo boku wo yudan sasenai de
Don't stop surprising me from now on




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Comments