Jpop Recommend #56 Merry-Chri by BOA

メリクリ Merry-Chri

BOA 

Released in December 2004, this song is her 15th single. After 10 years of its release, this song still gains a lot of popularity and is one of the most popular winter songs.

"Merry-Chri (pronounced as "merikuri”)" is an abbreviation for "Merry Christmas" and "Ake-Ome" an abbreviation for "あけましておめでとう(Akemashite Omedetou)", a phrase used to celebrate the new year.







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!




<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

ふたり の  距離  が  すごく  縮まった
Futari no kyori ga sugoku chijimatta
As if the distance of the two has become a lot closer
気持ち    が した
kimochi ga shita
I felt that way
自然    に  腕  が  組めて
Shizen ni ude ga kumete 
when I was able to put my arm through yours casually
冷えた  空   見上げた 時  に
hieta   sora miageta  toki ni
and looked up the cold sky

コンビニ で  お茶  選んで
Convini de ocha erande
After choosing the tea bottle at the convenience store,
当たり前   に 分けあって
Atarimae ni wakeaatte
we share it so naturally
きみ の  胸      に くるまれて   いる
kimi no mune ni kurumarete iru
while I am wrapped within your arms

ずっと ずっと そば   に いて
Zutto  zutto   soba ni ite
Always and for evermore please stay by my side 
大好き   な  きみ を 見つめてたい
Daisuki na kimi wo  mitsumetetai
I wish to keep looking at you, my love
SNOW FLAKES  きみ の  温もり      は
Snow    flakes     kimi no nukumori wa
Snow flakes your warmth is
冬     の 贈り物        ほら 雪   だよ
Fuyu no okurimono hora yuki dayo
a gift of winter.  See, the snow is falling

どこか    で  辛い   こと  や淋しさ       に ぶつかって  も
Dokoka de tsurai koto ya samishisa ni butsukatte mo
If I face hardships or loneliness along the way, 
きみ   想う  この   気持ち  に
Kimi omou kono kimochi ni 
to this feeling for you
正直       で いる と  誓う    よ
Shoujiki de iru   to chikau yo
I promise to be honest 

メゲる    と  これ  聴けよって
Megeru to kore kikeyo-tte
When I was feeling down, you said "hey, listen to this"
貸して   くれた  CD は
kashite kureta CD wa
and lend me a CD
きみ  が くれた 歌   の ラヴレター
Kimi ga kureta uta no love letter
You gave me the love letter of songs

ずっと ずっと 言いたくて
Zutto zutto    iitakute
I have been wanting to tell you for so long
付きあって くれて
Tsukiatte kurete
for being with me
ねぇ ありがとう
Nee  arigato
Hey my darling, thank you

もっと   好きな ヒト  強く
Motto sukina hito tsuyoku
"With your loved one more tightly" 
抱きしめなさい    と
Dakishimenasai to 
as if to say, "hold each other closer" 
雪    は  降る の
Yuki wa furu no
the snow is falling

贈り物        を   探し     ながら
Okurimono wo sagashi nagara
I search for the gift 
結ぶ      はず  の  ない 気持ち  が
Musubu hazu no nai   kimochi ga
for you who once seemed so out of my reach
結び    あえた こと   の 不思議
Musubi aeta  koto no fushigi
But you returned my feelings and
感じてた
kanjiteta
my heart felt it like a miracle

ずっと ずっと そば  に いて
Zutto zutto   soba ni ite
Always and for evermore please stay by my side 
同じ    夢     さがす 旅    を  したい
Onaji yume sagasu tabi wo shitai
I want to go on a journey with you in search for the same dream
SNOW FLAKES  空    が  街角         に
Snow    flakes     sora ga machikado ni
Snow flakes into the town the sky is
白い    息  を  吐く
shiroi  iki  wo haku
blowing a white breath
ほら  雪   だよ
Hora yuki dayo
See, the snow is falling

The white white snow's coming tonight,

Make a wish upon your kiss.



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments