Jpop Recommend #63 White Love by Speed

White Love

Speed


Released in October, 1997, this is the group's 5th single.  Although this 4-girls group was disbanded in 2000, Speed restarted its activity a couple of times after that until it was disbanded again in 2013.


Speed is made up of two vocals and two dancers and they are all from Okinawa.  The group debuted in 1996 when they are still very young (the youngest, Hiroko Shimabukuro was 5th grader!).  But their performance surprised many and they became one of the most popular girl groups among teens.  This song is the best-selling single for them.

The first snow fell in Tokyo yesterday.  February is the season for the entrance exams for schools and universities.  Good luck and good weather for everyone!







Jpop recommend backnumber list

Please visit my Amazon.jp shop for more CD/music sheet/band score!



Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

果てしない  あの 雲     の   彼方  へ

Hateshinai ano kumo no kanata e
Over that boundless clouds so far away
私         を  つれて   いって
watashi wo tsurete  itte
please take me
その  手  を   離さない   でね
Sono te wo hanasanai dene
Don't let go of my hand

真冬     の  星座  から 舞いおちた 白い   恋

Mafuyu no seiza kara maiochita  shiroi koi
White love fallen from the midwinter stars
胸      の  奥   に 降りつもる
mune no oku ni furitsumoru
It has fallen and remains at the bottom of my heart
心        に  染みて   涙      に なる
kokoro ni shimite namida ni naru
It touches my heart and turns into tears
仲間      とは     違う  サイン で  呼び合う たび
Nakama towa chigau sign   de yobiau    tabi
Everytime we call each other with signs different from other friends
強く        なれる
tsuyoku nareru
I feel stronger
離れて     いても  いつだって  ひとつ  だよね
Hanarete itemo  itsudatte   hitotsu dayone
Even when we are apart, I believe we are always together

もっと  ちゃんと   いつも  つかまえて   いて

Motto chanto   itsumo tsukamaete ite
More firmly and for always please make me feel secure
電話     が ない 夜    は  強がって     ても
Denwa ga nai  yoru wa tsuyogatte temo
On the nights without your call, I pretend not to care about it, but
ホント  は ね I miss you ・・・
honto wa ne I miss you...
in truth, I miss you...

果てしない  星   の 光     の  ように

Hateshinai hoshi no hikari no youni
Like infinite light of stars
胸      いっぱい の 愛 で
mune ippai      no ai de
with all the love filled up in my heart
今   あなた を  包み     たい
ima anata wo tsutsumi tai
I want to shield you now

天使    が  くれた 出逢い は

Tenshi ga kureta deai  wa
A chance of meeting you an angle gave me
あの 空   を   突き  ぬけて
ano sora wo tsuki nukete
will shoot through that sky
永遠 に 輝き        続ける
eien ni kagayaki tsuzukeru
and keep shining forever

白い   ため息   で  曇った    窓     に にじむ

Shiroi tameiki de kumotta mado ni nijimu
Over the window fogged with white plume of sigh
イルミネイション うれしい  ほど
illumination     ureshii hodo
blurred Illuminations make me happy, but at the same time 
明日    が  不安 で 泣ける  もの   ね
ashita ga  fuan de nakeru mono ne
it also makes me cry over the fear for tomorrow
新しい      手帳    にも
Atarashii techou nimo
I wish that my new schedule book for the next year
あなた の イニシャル が 沢山      あります  ように・・・
anata no initial      ga takusan arimasu youni...
will be filled with your initials
次      の  約束        が ある から 生きて いける よ
Tsugi no yakusoku ga aru kara ikite    ikeru  yo
I can go on living if there is the next date
雪    が  溶けて やがて  春   が   くる   頃
Yuki ga tokete yagate haru ga kuru koro
When the snow melts and the spring will come, 
あなた に とって 木洩れ日  の ような
anata  ni totte komorebi no youna
like sunshine streaming through leaves,
やすらぎ  に なってたい
yasuragi ni  nattetai
I wish I can be the one to bring you peace of mind 

果てしない   星    の  生命   の  ように

Hateshinai hoshi no inochi no youni
Like the everlasting life of stars
くじけそう  に  なっても
kujikesou ni nattemo
even if I feel weak and helpless,
ずっと 愛し   続ける      よ
zutto aishi tsuzukeru yo
I will keep on loving you
儚い      雪   みたい に
Hakanai yuki mitai   ni
Like fragile snow
この  今   の しあわせ   が
kono ima no shiawase ga
in order to avoid the happiness at this moment
いつか 消えて しまわぬ      ように
itsuka kiete   shimawanu youni
from fading away someday

「愛してる・・・ 抱いて いて・・・」

"Aishiteru...  Daite   ite..."
"I love you...Please keep holding me..."

果てしない  あの 雲     の   彼方  へ

Hateshinai ano kumo no kanata e
Over that boundless clouds so far away
私         を  つれて   いって
watashi wo tsurete  itte
please take me
その  手  を   離さない   でね
Sono te wo hanasanai dene
Don't let go of my hand

天使    が  くれた 出逢い は

Tenshi ga kureta deai   wa
A chance of meeting you an angle gave me
奇跡   なんか じゃない よ
kiseki nanka jyanai   yo
is not a miracle

神様          見つめてて

Kamisama mitsumetete
God, please keep watching over us
生まれたて  の 愛 を
umaretate no ai wo
This newborn love
永遠 に 大切   に する から
eien  ni taisetsu ni suru kara
we will treasure it forever
あなた の  為    に 生きて いきたい
Anata no tame ni ikite    ikitai
I wish to keep living for you


Jpop recommend backnumber list


Please visit my Amazon.jp shop for more CD/music sheet/band score!



Comments