Jpop Recommend #65 Darling by Kana Nishino

Darling

西野カナ Kana Nishino

Released in August 2014, this song is her 24th single.  Since its release in summer, this song has been so popular even now.  People, especially young girls are attracted to this song because of its lyrics.  Her lyrics are so natural and true to the conversation of a young couple in everyday life.
Happy St. Valentain's Day to you!


See the article about "Go for it" by Kana Nishino and Japanese St. Valentain's Day event I wrote last year.





Jpop recommend backnumber list

Please visit my Amazon.jp shop for more CD/music sheet/band score!



<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

ねぇ Darling ねぇ Darling
Nee Darling  nee darling
Hey, darling  say darling
また テレビ つけた    まま   で
mata televi  tsuketa mama de
You left the TV on again
スヤ  スヤ  どんな  夢     見てるの?
suya suya donna yume miteruno?
and look so happy in a drowse.  What kind of dream are you having?
ねぇ Darling 脱ぎっぱなし
Nee Darling  nugippanashi
Hey, darling  you took off your clothes here and there
靴下          も    裏返し     で
kutsushita mo uragaeshi de
even the socks are left inside out
もー、  誰    が  片づけるの?
Moo~ dare ga katazukeruno?
Jeez, who do you think will clean up this mess?

いつか 友達          と  語り合った
Itsuka tomodachi to katariatta
The other day I talked with a friend about 
理想  の  人   と
risou no hito to 
my "Mr. perfect"
まるで    かけ離れてる     のに
marude kakehanareteru noni
even though you are completely opposite

Ah なんで  好き に なっちゃった のかなぁ
Ah nande  suki ni nacchatta    nokana
Why, how come I turned to like you?
私          って 少し    変わり  者      なの   ね
Watashi tte sukoshi kawari mono nano ne
I must be a little bit weird
Ah こんな  にも 放って  おけない 人  は
Ah konna nimo hotte okenai   hito wa
Ah, the only one I just can't turn my back on
星      の   数    ほど  いる 中     で ねぇ Darling
Hoshi no kazu hodo iru   naka de nee darling
among so many people as abundant as stars, hey darling, 
あなた しか  いない
Anata shika inai
You are the only one

ねぇ Dariling  どっち  が いい?
Nee Darling    docchi ga ii?
Say darling, which do you think is better,
この  スカート と ワンピース
kono skirt    to one-piece
this skirt or the dress?
あー、 今   あくび  してた でしょ
Aah~ ima akubi shiteta desho
Hey, you just yawned, didn't you?
ねぇ  早く     出かけよう
Nee hayaku dekakeyou
Hey let's go out quick
待って! 携帯   忘れた    かも
Matte!   keitai wasureta kamo
Wait!  I think I forgot to bring my mobile
あー、 今   ため息  ついた でしょ?
Aah~ ima tameiki tsuita desho?
Hey, you just sighed, didn't you? 

いつか 聞いた あなた の 好きな  女優   さん  とは
Itsuka kiita    anata no sukina joyuu-san towa
Compared with your favorite actress I heard about the other day
似ても   似つかない のに   私
nitemo nitsukanai noni watashi
I don't look even remotely close

Ah なんで 好き に なっちゃった のかなぁ
Ah nande suki ni nacchatta    nokana
Why, how come you turned to like me?
あなた って ほんと 変わり    者     なの ね
Anata tte  honto  kawari mono nano ne
You must be really weird
Ah こんな にも   ワガママ     言える 人   は
Ah konna nimo wagamama ieru    hito wa
Ah, the only one I can relax and say anything
星      の  数    ほど  いる   中   で ねぇ Darling
hoshi no kazu hodo iru   naka de nee darling
among so many people as abundant as stars, hey darling, 
あなた しか  いない
anata shika inai
You are the only one

そう  きっと こんな   毎日    が
Sou, kitto konna mainichi ga
Yes, the days like this must
幸せ       なの  かな
shiawase nano kana
mean a real happiness
嫌  よ   嫌 よ   も  好き  の うち  かな
iya-yo iya-yo mo suki no uchi kana
Maybe I say "I hate you" means "I really like you"
今日   も あなた の
kyou mo anata no
Today again, I must 
抜け殻     を   全部    集め    なきゃ
nukegara wo zenbu atsume nakya
gather all the empty shells you left hear and there 
毎度    毎度   お騒がせ     しちゃう
maido maido osawagase shichau
Every time I make a fuss
お出かけ の   前  も
odekake no mae mo
before going out
懲りず に 付き合って ね
korizu ni tsukiatte  ne
but don't be mad and please bear with me 

Ah なんで 好き に なっちゃった のかなぁ
Ah nande suki ni nacchatta    nokana
Why, how come I turned to like you?
Ah だって 好き に なっちゃったん だから
Ah datte  suki ni nacchattan   dakara
Ah, but I turned to like you so
変わり   者       同士   うまく  やってこう  よ
kawari mono doushi umaku yattekou yo
Let's get along well since we are both weirdos
Ah ずっと ずっと そば  に いて  ほしい 人  は
Ah zutto  zutto soba ni  ite   hoshi  hito wa
Ah, the only one I want to be by my side for a long time
星     の  数     ほど  いる 中    で ねぇ Darling
hoshi no kazu hodo iru  naka de nee darling
among so many people as abundant as stars, hey darling, 
あなた  しか いない
anata shika inai
You are the only one

Jpop recommend backnumber list

Please visit my Amazon.jp shop for more CD/music sheet/band score!

Comments