Jpop Recommend #73 Shigatsu no ame by aiko

4月の雨 Shigatsu no ame

aiko

Released in April 2013, this is her 30th single.  aiko has been one of the top jpop artists since her debut in 1998.  This is not "The most popular" aiko song, but I recommend this song, perfect for today's weather.  If you like this song, I would recommend you to listen to her other songs such as "Boyfriend", "Hanabi", "Kira kira" and "Kabutomushi", too.






Jpop recommend backnumber list


Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Please visit my Amazon.jp shop for more CD/music sheet/band score!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

遠く      まで   届いて  いる だろうか 
Tooku made todoite iru   darouka
Am I reaching far enough?
時々       不安  に なる けれど
tokidoki fuan ni naru keredo
It sometimes makes me wonder, but  
あの 日 めくった  ページ の  先   には 
Ano hi mekutta page   no saki niwa
on the pages I flipped over that day
あふれる 程      書き殴った   想い
afureru  hodo kakinagutta omoi
I scribbled my feelings pouring out from the heart

こぼれそうな     涙       の  奥   の
Koboresouna namida no oku no 
Behind tears almost overflowing from my eyes
潜む     意味 に 気が付け  なかった
hisomu imi   ni kigatsuke nakatta
I couldn't realize the hidden meaning 
何年       も  何年     も    前   の 遠い   昔       が 
Nannen mo nannen mo mae no tooi mukashi ga
The days long gone years and years ago
今   でも    昨日  の  事     の  よう
ima demo kinou no koto no you
it still seems like yesterday

4月         の  雨
Shigatsu no ame
April rain
ゆっくり    肌   を   濡らす   知らせ
Yukkuri hada wo nurasu shirase
A sign by bedewing my skin slowly
あなた  も  どこか   で  同じ    時 を  生きて いる
Anata mo dokoka de onaji toki wo ikite   iru
to show that you are living the same time somewhere

二人   だけ  で  決めた  約束       に
Futari dake de kimeta yakusoku ni 
As the promise between just the two of us
永遠 の  秘密     を   交わした
eien no himitsu wo kawashita
we exchanged our eternal secret
あの 日 から  繰り返し    必ず 
Ano hi kara kurikaeshi kanarazu
From that day, every day without exception
窓      の   外    は もう   朝  が 来ている
mado no soto wa mou asa ga kiteiru
there comes morning outside the window

空    の  色  に 負けぬ   ように と
Sora no iro ni makenu youni to
As if to compete with the color of the sky
あなた が 描く      夢    が 好き だった
anata ga egaku yume ga suki datta
you drew the dream and I loved it
ため息   は  音  に なり  耳   に  心      に 刺さる 
Tameiki wa oto ni nari mimi ni kokoro ni sasaru
A sigh became a sound which sticks into the ears and the heart
今   でも    昨日  の  こと   の よう
Ima demo kinou no koto no you
It still seems like yesterday

瞳        は  雨
Hitomi wa ame
My eyes are raining
上がれば 笑顔 に 会える 知らせ
Agareba egao ni aeru   shirase
When it stops raining, it's a sign to meet a smile
風     が  袖   を    抜け  あたし を   明日  へ 導く
Kaze ga sode wo nuke atashi wo ashita e michibiku
The wind blows through my sleeves and leads me to tomorrow

きっと あなた は きっと あなた は
Kitto anata wa kitto   anata wa
I bet you will, I bet you will
あなた を 超える 日 が 来る
anata wo koeru hi ga kuru
surpass yourself one day
そんな  あなた を そんな  あなた を
Sonna anata wo sonna anata wo 
Such a man as you are, such a man as you are
今   でも   想って    います
ima demo omotte imasu
I'm still thinking of you

4月         の  雨
Shigatsu no ame
April rain
ゆっくり    肌   を   濡らす   知らせ
Yukkuri hada wo nurasu shirase
A sign by bedewing my skin slowly
あなた  も  どこか   で  同じ    時 を  生きて いる
Anata mo dokoka de onaji toki wo ikite   iru
to show that you are living the same time somewhere

季節      は 巡る        ひと粒    赤い 実 を  落として
Kisetsu wa meguru hitotsubu akai mi wo otoshite
As the seasons go round dropping one red berry,
あなた を  待ってる 変わらずに   これから  も
Anata wo matteru kawarazuni korekara mo
I still wait for you without changing for evermore

季節     は   また  来る あなた にも  あたし  にも
Kisetsu wa mata kuru anata nimo atashi nimo
The season will come around to you and to me


Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Comments