Jpop Recommend #75 My Revolution by Misato Watanabe

My Revolution

渡辺 美里 Misato Watanabe

Released in January 1986, this is her 4th single.  This song, a combination of a great singer and a great song writer like Tetsuya Komuro, marked the biggest hit for her and has become one of the Jpop standard songs of the 80's

These kinds of music were called "New Music" back then.  Even though it doesn't sound so "new" anymore, it still bring an uplifting feeling like spring breeze.









Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Please visit my Amazon.jp shop for more CD/music sheet/band score!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

さよなら   Sweet Pain
Sayonara sweet pain
Good-bye sweet pain
頬づえ   ついて いた 夜    は  昨日 で  終わる よ
hoozue tsuite ita   yoru wa kinou de owaru yo
Last night will be the last time I spent with my hand resting on my chin
確かめたい     君   に  逢えた 意味 を 
Tashikametai kimi ni aeta     imi  wo 
I want to make sure of the meaning why I met you
暗闇        の   中 目   を  開いて
kurayami no naka me wo hiraite
by opening my eyes in the dark

非常     階段  急ぐ     くつ    音
Hijyou-kaidan isogu kutsu-oto
Hurried footsteps in the emergency stairs
眠る       世界  に 響かせたい
nemuru sekai ni   hibikasetai
I want them to echo in the world in a sleep 
空地   の  すみ  に 倒れた バイク
Akichi no sumi ni taoreta bike
A bike lying on its side at the corner of an empty lot
壁    の   落書き   見上げてる よ
kabe no rakugaki miageteru  yo
just staring at graffiti on the wall
きっと 本当   の  悲しみ     なんて
Kitto honto no kanashimi nante
I bet the true sorrow 
自分  ひとり で  癒す  もの   さ
jibun hitori de iyasu mono sa
is there for you to heal by your own self

わかり    始めた My Revolution
Wakari hajimeta My Revolution
I'm beginning to understand what is the revolution for me
明日   を   乱す      こと   さ
Ashita wo midasu koto sa
It's about deranging an ordinary tomorrow
誰か     に  伝えたい よ
Dareka ni tsutaetai yo
I wish to tell someone
My Tears My Dreams  今   すぐ
My Tears My Dreams     ima sugu
My tears and my dreams right now

夢      を  追いかける なら
Yume wo oikakeru   nara
If you are to chase your dream,
たやすく   泣いちゃ だめ   さ
tayasuku naicha   dame sa
you shouldn't cry easily
君    が  教えて  くれた
Kimi ga oshiete kureta
You taught me
My Fears My Dreams 走り     出せる
My Fears    My Dreams hashiri daseru
My fears and my dreams, Now I can start to run


感じて Heartache
Kanjite Heartache
Feel my heartache
笑顔  が 多い ほど 独り  の   夜   が  ツライ ね
egao ga ooi hodo hitori no yoru ga tsurai ne
More I see the smiles, the more difficult it becomes to spend a night alone
わけあいたい
Wakeaitai 
I want to share
教科書       の  すき間  に 書いてた 言葉    動き   だす  よ
kyoukasho no sukima ni kaiteta   kotoba ugoki dasu yo
The words I scribbled in an empty space on textbooks are now start to move

ホームシック の  恋人    たち   は
Homesick   no koibito tachi wa
Lovers who are suffering from the homesickness
ユーモア             だけ  を  信じて   いる
Yuumoa(humor) dake wo shinjite iru
only believe in humor
交差点     では   かけ出す  けれど
Kousaten dewa kakedasu keredo
At the crossing, I would start to run
手  を 振る  時   は  キュン と くる    ね
Te wo furu toki wa kyun  to kuru ne
But when I wave my hands for good-bye, my heart aches
たった ひとり を 感じる    強さ
Tatta hitori wo kanjiru tsuyosa
The strength to face the loneliness
のがしたく     ない 街    の   中   で
Nogashitaku nai machi no naka de
I don't want to lose it in the middle of the city

求めて     いたい  My Revolution
Motomete itai       My Revolution
I wish to pursue my revolution
明日   を   変える  こと  さ
Ashita wo kaeru koto sa
It's about changing your future
誰か    に   伝えたい よ
Dareka ni tsutaetai yo
I wish to tell someone
My Tears My Dreams   今  すぐ
My Tears    My Dreams   ima sugu
My tears and my dreams right now

自分  だけ  の  生き方
Jibun dake no ikikata
My own way of life
誰    にも   決められない
Dare nimo kimerarenai
No one can decide it for me
君    と  見つめて    いたい
Kimi to mitsumete itai
I want to focus on with you
My Fears My Dreams 抱きしめたい
My Fears    My Dreams dakishimetai
My fears and my dreams and to keep on holding them tight


Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments