Jpop Recommend #109 Silent Eve by Midori Karashima

サイレンド・イヴ Silent Eve

辛島 美登里 Midori Karashima


Released in November 1990, this is her 6th single.  This sweet love song gained great popularity after being used as a theme song for a popular Japanese drama, "やまとなでしこ, Yamato Nadeshiko" in the same year.








Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

真白         な   粉雪 
Masshiro na konayuki 
Pure white powder snow
人     は  立ち    止まり
hito wa tachi-domari 
People stand still for a moment
心         が    求める      場所    を   思い出す   の
kokoro ga motomeru basho wo omoidasu no
and remember the place where their heart desire
いくつ     も  愛  を 重ねて       も    引きよせて  も
Ikutsu mo ai wo kasanete mo hikiyosete mo
Even if I pile my love and try to pull you close to me
なぜ   大事  な   夜   に  あなた は  いない の
naze daiji na yoru ni anata wa inai    no
Why are you not here with me on this important night?


さよなら      を  決めた  こと   は
Sayonara wo kimeta koto wa
The reason I decided to say good-bye
けっして   あなた  の  ため  じゃない
kesshite anata no tame jyanai
is not for you
不安 に  揺れる  キャンドル  悲しかった       から
fuan ni yureru candle      kanashikatta kara
but because it was too sad to see candles flickering in angst 
"ともだち"     って いう ルール  は
"Tomodachi" tte iu   rule   wa
Under the rule of being a "friend"
とても       難しい         ゲーム ね
totemo muzukashii game  ne
this game is too difficult for me
もう   二度  と  二人   の  こと   を  邪魔      したり  しない
mou nido to futari no koto wo jyama shitari shinai
I won't disturb you two never again


本当       は   誰れも   が  やさしく     なりたい
Hontou wa daremo ga yasashiku naritai
Deep down in their heart, every one wants to be a kind-hearted person
それでも      天使   に   人  は   なれない  から
soredemo tenshi ni hito wa narenai kara
But in reality, we can't be an angel
瞳   を   そらさず  に    
me wo sorasazu ni 
Let's not turn away our eyes, 
想い出  は  うるむ   けれど
omoide wa urumu keredo
even if the memories will look blurred with my teary eyes
移りゆく        季節     が   ページ を   めくる    わ
utsuriyuku kisetsu ga page   wo mekuru wa
Passing of the seasons will turn a new page


さよなら     を   決めた  こと   は
Sayonara wo kimeta koto wa
The reason I decided to say good-bye
けっして   あなた  の せい じゃない
kesshite anata no sei   jyanai
is not your fault
飾った     花     も   カード  も みんな Merry Chistmas for me
kazatta hana mo card mo minna Merry Christmas for me
I decorated the room with flowers and cards to say, "Merry Christmas for me"
"ともだち"       って 微笑む    より
"Tomodachi" tte hohoemu yori
Rather than a smile, saying "we are friend"
今    は   一人  で   泣かせて  ね
ima wa hitori de nakasete ne
Let me cry alone for now
もう    一度     私         の  夢       を つかむ        まで 
mou ichido watashi no yume wo tsukamu made 
Until the time I catch my dream once again

Silent Night

もう    一度     私         の  夢       を つかむ        まで
mou ichido watashi no yume wo tsukamu made 
Until the time I catch my dream once again

Silent Night


Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments