Jpop Recommend #113 Romance no kamisama by Kohmi Hirose

ロマンスの神様 Romance no kamisama

広瀬 香美 Kohmi Hirose



Released in December 1993, this is her 3rd single.  Used in a TV commercial for a ski wear/goods manufacturer, this song is always remembered as one of the most popular winter songs.  Her high-tone voice matches well with the excitement at the start of the love in the lyrics.  







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

勇気   と 愛 が   世界  を   救う
Yuuki to ai ga sekai wo sukuu
The courage and love will save the world
絶対    いつか  出会える はず  なの
zettai itsuka deaeru  hazu nano
I bet I can meet my destiny someday
沈む         夕日  に   淋しく       一人 
shizumu yuuhi ni sabishiku hitori 
Looking at the sunset I stand alone
こぶし       握り   しめる      私
kobushi nigiri-shimeru watashi
with my fist clenched tight
週休             二日     しかも     フレックス
shuukyuu-futsuka shikamo  flex
Two holidays every weekend and we even have a flexible working hours 
相手  は どこ   に   でも いるん だから
aite wa doko ni demo irun dakara
My partner can be anywhere
今夜       飲み会 期待  している
konya nomikai kitai shiteiru
Expectations rise high for the upcoming dinner party tonight
友達           の    友達         に 
tomodachi no tomodachi ni
to meet a friend of friends

目立つ      には   どうしたら   いいの
medatsu niwa doushitara iino
How can I catch the eyes?
一番       の  悩み 
ichiban no nayami
That's my biggest dilemma
性格        良ければ  いい
seikaku yokereba ii
"Your personality only matters"
そんな  の  嘘    だと   思いませんか?
sonna no uso dato omoimasenka?
But that's just a lie, don't you agree?

Boy Meets Girl 

幸せ          の   予感   きっと  誰 か   を  感じてる
Shiawase no yokan kitto dareka wo kanjiteru
My instinct for happiness must be sensing someone

Fall In Love 

ロマンス    の   神        様   この    人    でしょうか
Romance no kami-sama kono hito deshouka? 
Dear the god of romance, is he the one?

ノリ    と 恥じらい 必要         なのよ
nori to hajirai   hitsuyou nanoyo
I must show positiveness and shyness
初対面        の  男       の   人 って 
shotaimen no otoko no hito tte 
to a man at the first encounter
年齢         住所    趣味  に    職業
nenrei jyuusho shumi ni shokugyou
The age, the address, the hobby and the profession
さりげなく   チェック   しなくちゃ
sarigenaku check shinakucha
I must check them without being too obvious
待って   いました     合格     ライン
matte imashita goukaku-line
Finally here comes the passer
早く      サン  グラス  取って 見せて よ
hayaku sun glass totte  misete yo
Take your sunglasses off quick and let me see your face 
笑顔  が  素敵     真顔      も   素敵
egao ga suteki magao mo suteki
Your smile is nice and your serious face looks nice, too
思わず        見とれて   しまうの
omowazu mitorete shimauno
I can't take my eyes off from you

幸せ         に  なれる  もの    ならば
shiawase ni nareru mono naraba
If I can be happy
友情      より  愛情 
yuujou yori aijyou 
I will definitly take love over friendship
「帰り   は   送らせて」    と
"kaeri wa okurasete" to
"Let me take you to your home" he says,
さっそく   OK  ちょっと 信じられない
sassoku OK chotto shinjirarenai
Yes of course, I can believe this is happnening to me

Boy Meets Girl 

恋してる        瞬間    きっと  あなた を  感じてる
koishiteru shunkan kitto anata wo kanjiteru
The moment I fall in love I must be sensing you

Fall In Love 

ロマンス     の 神        様       願い  を   かなえて
Romance no kami-sama, negai wo kanaete
Dear the god of romance, please make my wish comes true

Boy Meets Girl 

恋   する  気持ち    何     より  素敵    な   宝物
koi-suru kimochi nani yori suteki na takaramono
The feeling of being in love is the best treasure second to none

Fall In Love 

ロマンス   の  神          様    どうも    ありがとう
Romance no kami-sama,doumo arigatou 
Dear the god of romance, thank you so much

よく    あたる 星        占い   に そう 言えば 書いて あった
yoku ataru hoshi-uranai ni sou ieba    kaite atta
In a popular fortune-telling article, I remember it said
今日  会う 人    と    結ばれる
kyou au  hito to musubareru
You will meet your destiny today
今週         も    来週      も   さ来週       も   ずっと oh yeah!
konshuu mo raishuu mo saraishuu mo zutto oh yeah!
this week, next week and the week next and always 

Boy Meets Girl 

土曜日     遊園地 
doyoubi yuuenchi 
On Saturday we go to the amusement park
一年      たったら  ハネムーン
ichinen tattara honeymoon
 and a year later we go on a honeymoon

Fall In Love 

ロマンス    の    神      様      感謝     しています
Romance no kami-sama,kansha shiteimasu
Dear the god of romance, I appreciate your help

Boy Meets Girl 

いつまでも      ずっと  この  気持ち     を   忘れたく      ない
itsumademo zutto kono kimochi wo wasuretaku nai
I will never forget this feeling

Fall In Love 

ロマンス    の   神     様        どうも    ありがとう
Romance no kami-sama,doumo arigatou
Dear the god of romance, thank you so much


Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments