Jpop Recommend #123 My graduation by SPEED

My graduation

SPEED



Released in February 1998, this is their 6th single.  This is another "卒業, Sotsugyo-Graduation" song popular in spring season.  Each generation has different "graduation song" on their mind.  What is yours?

Spring has come, the cherry blossoms will be blooming soon.  Congratulations on the new graduates!


Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

あなた と 出逢えて よかった
Anata to deaete   yokatta
I'm thankful that I met you
今   ひとり   瞳     を  閉じる
Ima hitori hitomi wo tojiru
Now I close my eyes alone
心         の アルバム めくれば 
Kokoro no  album    mekureba
When I flip over pages of the album in my heart,
きらめく     想い出  たち よ
kirameku omoide tachi yo
there are so many shining memories
続いてく       時  は  いつも    止まらず に
tsuzuiteku toki wa itsumo tomarazu ni
the time goes on without stopping
変わってく    街     も    人  も  愛 も   みんな
kawatteku machi mo hito mo ai mo minna
Everything changes, the town, the people and the love

ずっと  忘れない    離れても     くじけない
Zutto wasurenai hanaretemo kujikenai 
I will never forget.  Even we are parted,  I won't give up
生きていく 今日  から
ikiteiku     kyou kara
I will go on with my life starting today
やさしさ     と 勇気  を   くれた  よ  ね
yasashisa to yuuki wo kureta yo ne
You cared for me and gave me the courage
愛 が 芽生えた July 最初   の Kiss
ai ga mebaeta July saisho no kiss
Our love started in July and the first kiss
ふたり の 合図 仲直り       した   夜
futari no aizu nakanaori shita yoru
secret sign between us, the night we got over a quarrel
本当     に  愛してた
hontou ni aishiteta
I loved you from my heart
いつか また   めぐり  逢う
itsuka mata meguri au
Someday we will meet again
終わらない 今日   は    私      の
owaranai   kyou wa watashi no 
This is not the end.   Today is 
my graduation
my graduation

振りかえれば つらい 時  は  いつも
Furikaereba tsurai toki wa itsumo
As I look back, I realize it now.  Whenever I had a bad time,
そば  に いて  励まして        くれた  ね
soba ni ite    hagemashite kureta ne
you were by my side to encourage me
言葉    に  できない 想い も     涙      も
kotoba ni dekinai  omoi mo namida mo
My true feeling and tears 
あなた は わかって くれた  よ  ね
anata wa wakatte kureta yo ne
you were the one who understood without my putting into words
できる  なら あの  頃   へ 戻りたい
dekiru nara ano koro e modoritai
If possible, I want to go back to that time
ずっと 素直    じゃなくて   ゴメン  ね
zutto sunao jyanakute gomen ne
Sorry for not being honest to my true feeling

遠い   X'mas    Eve 永遠 を 誓った   Kiss
Tooi Christmas eve eien wo chikatta kiss
Long-gone Christmas eve, the kiss to pledge the eternity
あの 日 くれた チョーカー
ano hi kureta choker
The choker you gave me that day
今   も    胸    で  光って   います
ima mo mune de hikatte imasu
still glitter around my neck
笑い  ころげた   Voice 瞳     の Truth
warai korogeta voice hitomi no truth
Your laughter, the truth in your eyes
コロン     の におい 待ち合わせ    した   店
cologne no nioi     machiawase shita mise
the fragrance of your cologne, our usual meeting place
あざやか に こみあげる
azayaka ni komiageru
those memories all come to me so vividly
人    は  いつか 旅立つ
hito wa itsuka tabidatsu
Every one will leave for their journey someday
幼かった      昨日  の  私        に さようなら
osanakatta kinou no watashi ni sayounara
I will say good-bye to me in the past so young

あの 日 の ように 何    も  なかった ように 夢     で  逢えたら…
ano hi no youni nani mo nakatta youni yume de aetara...
If I could meet you in a dream and pretend nothing has happened...

ずっと 忘れない    いつまで   も  祈ってる
zutto wasurenai itsumade mo inotteru
I will never forget.   I will always pray for you
あなた の その   夢    が
anata no sono yume ga
that your dream will
いつ の 日 か かないます  ように…
itsu no hi ka kanaimasu youni...
come true someday...
愛 に はぐれた Tonight  最後  の Kiss
ai ni hagureta tonight   saigo no kiss
Tonight we lost our love, our last kiss
ふたり の Eyes  髪  を   かきあげる くせ 
futari no eyes kami wo kakiageru kuse
the eyes of the two, the habit of flip back your hairs
本当   に 愛してた
hontou ni aishiteta
I loved you so
あなた と 過ごした    青春
anata to sugoshita seisyun
The young days I spent with you
輝き       は  ずっと 色褪せない
kagayaki wa zutto iroasenai
Their brightness will never fade
my graduation
my graduation
It's my graduation

Hey Yeah…
La La La La La…
Forever True Love
La La La La La…
I Remember Your Love
La La La La La…
Forever True Love
La La La La La…
I Remember Your Love



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments