Jpop Recommend #158 my sweet darlin' by Hitomi Yaida

マイ・スウィート・ダーリン my sweet darlin' 


矢井田 瞳 Hitomi Yaida


Released in October 2000, this is her 2nd single and the biggest hit.  Her high-tone voice and a unique way of singing (like a yodel) matches well with this one-sided love song.









Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

No good to have lots of beautiful things,
because I'm scared to lose them
but... I want you ×3

even if you love someone elses
I don't care if you don't know
why the clearsky is blue, but I want you to know
why my cheeks are pink…

Darlin, Darlin' ここ   に 来て 見える  でしょう   私        が
                       koko ni kite mieru desyou watashi ga
Darlin, darlin', please come here, Can't you see me?
Darlin, Darlin' あの 日 の キッス 忘れた    ふり  する  なら
                       ano hi no kiss   wasureta furi suru nara
Darlin, darlin', If you pretend to forget about the kiss on that day
Darlin, Darlin' 横顔       は   もう   あきた 
                       yokogao wa mou akita 
Darlin, darlin', I had seen enough of your face from the side, 
kocchi muite
こっち 向いて
please turn this way
ビル   も  道路    も   世界   も   ひと思い に   壊れて     も いい
Biru mo douro mo sekai mo hitoomoi ni kowarete mo ii
I wish all the buildings, roads and even the world collapse at a stroke
だって その   方  が  あなた を  見つけやすい    でしょう?
datte sono hou ga anata wo mitsukeyasui desyou
Because in that way, I can find you more easily, can't I?
神様         は   いない
kamisama wa inai
There is no god
だって 祈った  もん 想い  が   届きます      ように って
datte inotta mon omoi ga todokimasu youni tte
Because I prayed, I prayed to god that my feelings will reach him
祈った もん…祈った もん…
inotta mon inotta mon
I prayed and prayed... but


Darlin, Darlin'ここ   に  来て 見える  でしょう    私       が
                       koko ni kite mieru desyou watashi ga
Darlin, darlin', please come here, Can't you see me?
Darlin, Darlin' あの 日 の  事    忘れて     も いい から
                       ano hi no koto wasurete mo ii   kara
Darlin, darlin',  You can forget what happened on that day
Darlin, Darlin' もしかして        私        の   思い   過ごし   かな?
                       moshikashite watashi no omoi-sugoshi kana
Darlin, darlin', maybe did I misunderstand something?
ほら  あなた が  歩いて きた
hora anata ga aruite kita
See, there you come walking toward me
いつも の よう  に 視線    を  落とさない で
itsmo no you ni shisen wo otosanai de
Don't drop down your eye like you do always
何     も   しなきゃ     何   も   なんない
nani mo shinakya nani mo nannai
If you don't do anything, nothing begins
自分  の   心      に  フィルター は いらない
jibun no kokoro ni filter      wa iranai
There is no need for filtering my mind



Darlin, Darlin', can I come close to you?
and can I talk to you?
Darlin, Darlin', can I hope you love me?
but if you say NO! I will love you.




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments