Jpop Recommend #172 Jinsei no tobira by Maria Takeuchi

人生の扉 Jinsei no tobira 


竹内 まりや Maria Takeuchi



Released in August 2007, this song is her 35th single.  During her long career as a singer-song writer, she wrote many beautiful songs.  And this is one of my most favorite songs.


This sweet waltz tells you that life is not that bad and it's still worth living even after you became in your 90's...







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!





<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

春     が  また   来る  たび 
Haru ga mata kuru tabi
When spring comes again
ひとつ     年   を   重ね 
hitotsu toshi wo kasane
I get one year older
目  に   映る    景色     も   少し      ずつ     変わる  よ
Me ni utsuru keshiki mo sukoshi-zutsu kawaru yo
The scenery I see in my eyes changes little by little
陽気  に  はしゃいでた   幼い  日 は  遠く 
youki ni hashaideta osanai hi wa tooku
Young, innocent and joyful days are long gone
気 が つけば    五十路  を  越えた  私       が  いる 
ki ga tsukeba  isoji   wo koeta watashi ga iru
and before I realize, I turned to be in my 50's
信じ   られない  速さ     で   時   は 過ぎ   去る と 知って   しまったら 
shinji rarenai hayasa de toki wa sugi-saru to shitte shimattara
When I realized that time passes and goes in an incredible speed,
どんな   小さな    こと  も     覚えて  いたい と  心      が  言った よ 
donna chiisana koto mo oboete itai    to kokoro ga itta    yo
my heart tells me that even the smallest thing I want to remember it all


I say it's fun to be 20 

You say it's great to be 30 
And they say it's lovely to be 40 
But I feel it's nice to be 50 


満開     の    桜      や  色  づく     山    の   紅葉    を 

Mankai no sakura ya iro-zuku yama no momiji wo
Cherry blossoms in full bloom and mountain with red and yellow leaves
この   先   いったい  何度   見る   こと に なる   だろう 
kono saki ittai     nando miru koto ni naru darou
how many times will I see them from now on?
ひとつ     ひとつ  人生   の    扉   を   開けて は
Hitotsu hitotsu jinsei no tobira wo akete wa
When I open the doors of life one by one
感じる    その   重さ 
kanjiru sono omosa
I feel its weight
ひとり  ひとり 愛  する  人   たち  の  ため  に  生きて ゆきたい よ 
Hitori hitori ai-suru hito tachi no tame ni ikite    yukitai yo
I want to keep on living for each and every one I love


I say it's fine to be 60

You say it's alright to be 70
And they say still good to be 80
But I'll maybe live over 90


君     の  デニム の 青  が 褪せて  ゆく   ほど 

Kimi no denim no ao ga asete yuku hodo
As your denim blue gets tanned
味わい 増す   よう に 
ajiwai masu you ni
it will add the taste
長い   旅路  の  果て  に 輝く            何か   が 
Nagai tabiji no hate ni kagayaku nanika ga
Something that glows at the end of the long journey
誰    に でも    ある さ
dare ni demo aru sa
everyone should have it

I say it's sad to get weak

You say it's hard to get older
And they say that life has no meaning
But I still believe it's worth living
But I still believe it's worth living



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Comments

  1. Thank you for leaving your comments. I searched myself but it seems that single music sheets that can be downloaded online are only available in Japan. If you are living abroad, you can search it through Amazon or Kinokuniya bookstore online site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated. Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!