Jpop Recommend #208 Camouflage by Mariya Takeuchi

カムフラージュ Camouflage

竹内 まりや  Mariya Takeuchi


Released in November 1998, this song was her 27th single.  This song was also used as a theme song for a TV drama series, "眠れる森 Nemureru mori (sleeping forest)" starred by Takuya Kimura and Miho Nakayama.


This romantic love ballad matches well with the mysterious story of the drama and it got a great popularity.  This song peaked at No.1 in Oricon Singles Chart for the first time after 19 years of her long carrier.  You can also notice that her husband's (Tatsuro Yamashita) chorus is adding a delicate touch. 


If you like her song, try her another song, too.

 #100 元気を出して Genki wo dashite.





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

友達            以上  の 気持ち 
Tomodachi ijyou no kimochi 
The feeling toward you was more than a friend
胸     に  閉じ 込めて  きた けれど
mune ni toji-komete kita keredo
I've been kept it in my heart for long
心        が  もう  嘘  を    つけなくて    こんな に 切ない
kokoro ga mou uso wo tsukenakute konna ni setsunai
My heart can no longer lie to myself and it aches so much
ふとした   仕草    に   潜む     あなた の  想い   を  確かめる
futoshita shigusa ni hisomu anata no omoi wo tashikameru
I've been trying to confirm  your feeling hidden in casual gesture
長い    間    言えず に いた こと もしかしたら        
Nagai aida iezu    ni  ita  koto moshikashitara 
I've been keeping it to myself for a long time, but maybe
私       と  同じ  だと…
watashi to onaji dato...
you have the same feeling for me...
にぎわう   街     の   音 が  かすか  に 聞こえる 
nigiwau machi no oto ga kasuka ni kikoeru 
The sound of noisy town is heard from distance
この  部屋  に   今  二人  だけ
kono heya ni ima futari dake
In this room there are just a two of us now
あなた の  好きな コーヒー と  煙草     の  香り に 
Anata no sukina coffee    to tabako no kaori ni 
The aroma of your favorite coffee and tobacco predict
秘められた   淡い    予感
himerareta awai yokan
a hint that I can faintly predict
やさしい  だけ じゃ 物足りなくて     
yasashii dake jya monotarinakute 
I can no longer satisfy with you just as a kind friend
本当     の   こと  を  打ち明けたく なる
hontou no koto wo uchiaketaku naru
I'm tempted to tell you the truth


恋人    と  呼べる  相手(ひと) を  お互い  に 持って いた けれど
Koibito to yoberu hito          wo otagai ni motte ita   keredo
We've seen someone else separately from each other, but
心        の  奥    わかり  合えなくて 
kokoro no oku wakari-aenakute   
we couldn't have shared the bottom of our heart 
孤独     に  怯えた
kodoku ni obieta
and we were scared of the loneliness
密か    に   抱えた   傷   を  何故  か   あなた だけ   癒せる  の
hisoka ni kakaeta kizu wo naze ka anata dake iyaseru no
My secret wound you are the only one who can heal it somehow
遥か       昔         何処か  で  出会ってた 
haruka mukashi dokoka de deatteta    
Long time ago, we have met somewhere before, 
そんな  記憶    何度    も     甦る
sonna kioku nando mo yomigaeru
Such memories keep returning to me

瞳  と  瞳  が 合って 指  が  触れ 合う その  時 
me to me ga atte yubi ga fure-au sono toki 
When the eyes were met and fingers were touched
すべて  の   謎    は  解ける  の よ
subete no nazo wa tokeru no yo
Every mystery will be solved
黙った    まま    で   早く       唇          奪って 
damatta mama de hayaku kuchibiru ubatte
Without saying anything, steal a kiss from me quick
やっと 言える「好きだった」と
yatto  ieru      "sukidatta"  to
Now I can say to you, "I've thinking of you"
ずっと  近く   に  いて くれた のに 
zutto chikaku ni ite kureta noni
For you have been stayed by my side for far too long
欺いて      きた   私       を    許して
 azamuite kita watashi wo yurushite
Please forgive me for deceiving you


もしも      世界  が  明日  終わり 迎えても    あなた が  いれば 怖く    ない
moshimo sekai ga asu owari mukaetemo anata ga ireba kowaku nai
If the world would end tomorrow, I won't be afraid if I can be with you
昨日    まで   の   涙       と   偽り    を   捨てて   新しい    私        に  なる
kinou made no namida to itsuwari wo sutete atarashii watashi ni naru
Throwing away the tears and lies of yesterday, I will be reborn
あたためて きた この   絆       こそ 
atatamete kita kono kizuna koso 
The bond we have been keeping it so long
隠せ      は   しない 愛 の   形       なの
 kakuse wa shinai ai no katachi nano
is our shape of love that we can't hide no more


I've been looking for your love
So, we've found the way at last



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments